Working on 8pen is great fun, and it has allowed me to touch upon a wealth of interesting subjects, some of which I have written about.
- Conceiving a natural way to write on mobile devices, May 2013
- Linguistics and ergonomics, May 2013
I hope to be able to put some more here one day, especially my pending thesis in the Department of Pure Mathematics and Mathematical Statistics at the University of Cambridge.
- Higher ramification theory, my Part III essay at Cambridge, May 2006
- Ramification in higher norm fields, Smith-Knight & Rayleigh-Knight Prize essay, January 2008. A short note on the connection between Scholl’s strictly deeply ramified towers and Fontaine-Wintenberger’s arithmetically profinite extensions, in the general case of local fields with imperfect residue fields.
Most of these are work-in-progress.
- Mike Bostock, creator of D3.js, a data manipulation and visualization library. I particularly enjoy his New York Times contributions
- Bret Victor is rethinking interactive data manipulation and the display of information
- Bjarke Ingels, architect and founder of BIG, has a fresh take on architecture and its exposition
- Tim Gowers has a blog full of mathematical revelations, for experts and non-experts alike. Also a contributor to the Polymath Project, and initator of the The Cost of Knowledge movement
2016, Paris, France